DVMetrics & Services LLC was established to support the veterinary community by providing powerful, affordable tools and services since 1989 (formerly as North American Compendiums).
DVMetrics does not sell or distribute the products listed within our services (i.e. CVP, NACAF and SDSL Autobinder). For product-specific questions, we recommend contacting the company listed on the label or your Veterinarian.
For Veterinary practices, only one DVMetrics account is required per location. You may add as many users as needed to a DVMetrics account.
- Login to DVMetrics with your account
- Click on 'My account' at the top right corner, then click on 'Manage Practice Users' near the bottom of the account page.
Currently, we recommend setting up a separate DVMetrics account using a different email address for additional clinic locations. Some features in DVMetrics are location specific.
Go to dvmetrics.com and click on the register button on the top right corner of the screen. Enter the required information to create your own DVMetrics account.
Your DVMetrics account is a personalized portal which allows you to access the various tools available for subscription. For example, we build your custom SDSL Autobinder by matching your purchases from your distributors. In order to complete this, we need a bit of information about your practice to ensure we match the right Safety Data Sheets with the right practice.
After registering for your DVMetrics account, click on the login button on the top right of the screen and you will be taken to your personalized portal. From there, select the desired product or service by clicking on the subscribe button.
To reset your password, click on “Forgot your password?” on the login page and follow the steps provided.
Safety Data Sheet Library (SDSL) Autobinder
After registering for your DVMetrics account, click on the login button on the top right of the screen and you will be taken to your personalized portal. From there, click on the SDSL Autobinder subscribe button.
After registering for your DVMetrics account, click on the Login button on the top right of the screen and you will be taken to your personalized portal. Click on the SDSL Autobinder icon in “My Subscriptions”.
A login errors occurs when you try and bookmark the site and may prompt you to login. For security reasons the bookmark doesn't save the authentication info. You need to return to the DVMetrics site and login.
We are continually updating the information in the SDSL on a daily basis.
Every month your personalized SDSL Autobinder will be automatically updated with your recent purchases from over 10 of the major US distributors and any changes to the existing SDS in your Autobinder. In addition, we send a monthly email notification and a list of the changes to your Autobinder.
With the unparalleled collaboration between DVMetrics and distributors, we are pleased to offer the most comprehensive listing of SDS in veterinary medicine. We are continually updating our database but on rare occasions you may find that a product’s SDS is missing from your Autobinder for one or more of the following reasons.
- Product may be purchased from a non-participating distributor or directly from the manufacturer. If a purchase was made outside of our distributor network, then we would be unable to auto-populate your binder. The SDS may still be available in the SDSL and can be manually added to your clinic Autobinder (see FAQ “How to manually maintain my SDSL Autobinder”).
- We do not remove SDS from your binder but if a product was purchased more than 24 months before the creation of your first binder then it would not be auto-populated. The SDS may still be available in the SDSL and can be manually added to your clinic binder.
- We only auto-populate current and compliant SDS. Some SDS do not follow exactly the 16 section format laid out by GHS. These may be available in the Archived section (shown at the bottom of the Autobinder product list - click on “Include Archived Products”)
- The name on the manufacturer’s SDS differs from the name used by the distributor.
- The SDS may not be found in SDSL for the following reasons:
- An SDS may not be required for this type of product (e.g., vaccines, tablets, capsules and finished products).
- We may have been unsuccessful at finding an SDS for this product from this manufacturer.
- We are in the process of uploading the SDS into our system and it will appear shortly.
If you notice any products missing from your binder, you can locate these in the main SDSL database and then add them to your clinic binder. Missing products may also be found under the Archived SDS tab (found just under the green top bar/centre).
Maintain your binder by following the steps below:
Maintain your binder by following the steps below:
- Navigate to:
- Products and search product name, or
- Companies and select/search company name
- Select product(s) using check box(es)
- Select existing binder or enter new binder name
- Click on Add to Binder
For most practices, their SDSL Autbinder will be many hundred to thousand pages. The SDSL portal is the most convenient method to access the most up to date copy of your SDSL Autobinder. If a print copy is needed, follow these steps to create a PDF copy and which may then be saved locally or printed.
- Click on your binder.
- To print entire binder, click on Create PDF for All. This will automatically create a PDF download for every item in the binder.
- If you keep a print binder in your practice the monthly communication will have a list of the new and updated SDS which can be printed individually. If you wish to print only a few pages from the entire Autobinder, click the check box next to the name and then click on Create PDF for Selected Items.
- Once the download is complete you may open the PDF to view the contents or print to have a hardcopy for your clinic.
The Direct and Agency Supplemental Binder is a separate one-time auto-populated binder that includes products often purchased directly from manufacturers and not commonly through your distributor. You may use the Supplemental Binder to select specific products to add to your practice binder (How to manually maintain your SDSL Autobinder?)
Definitely, the SDSL is the most comprehensive listing of SDS in veterinary medicine and we are continually striving to make it better. Simply contact us with the name of the product, the manufacturer and where it was purchased and we will investigate if it can be added to the SDSL.
North American Companion Animal Formulary (NACAF)
On average a new edition of the NACAF has been published every 2-3 years. The online version always contains the most up to date NACAF edition.
At this time, only the print and online subscriptions can be purchased.
NACAF is a great reference for quick dosing information for veterinary and human drugs used in dogs and cats, both on- and off-label.
After registering for your DVMetrics account, click on the login button on the top right of the screen and you will be taken to your personalized portal. From there, click on the NACAF subscribe button.